In this Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), you will work on the design (or redesign!) of a technologically enhanced course. You will find a series of activities to guide you through the learning design process. If you want to complete all the activities, you will need 2-3 hours per week. This MOOC has 6 lessons. Every lesson is divided into units, which have a recommended study time of approximately 30 minutes each. You can do additional readings and activities to expand upon some of the topics.
Throughout this MOOC, peer-support is crucial. Please participate and comment on the work of other learners. Let others know that you are there! Two main tools will be used for communication:
'Conversations' section at the bottom of each page, where you can post comments and reply to others.
Blogs, which are available within the EMMA platform and provide a space to document your learning.
If you are on Twitter, please use the hashtag #7Csmooc to communicate with other participants.
* Special note: Images without an attribution belong to the public domain; most of them can be found in pixabay.com. Some images, mainly comics, were created by Brenda Padilla, who has kindly released them to public domain.
By the end of this MOOC, successful participants will be able to:
Understand the 7Cs framework for learning design.
Analyse different course components.
- Apply the 7Cs effectively to design an online course.
Successful participants will develop a plan for the design and implementation of an online course.
Certification and Additional Info
Completion certificates are available to anyone completing 70% of this course. These certificates are not credit bearing.
You will receive your certificate directly via email a couple of weeks after the end of the course.
- Lesson 1 - 7Cs of Learning Design
- Lesson 2 - Your Learning Design
- Lesson 3 - Conceptualise and Create
- Lesson 4 - Communicate and Collaborate
- Lesson 5 - Consider and Combine
- Lesson 6 - Consolidate the Course
Prof. Dr. Grainne Conole is Chair in Education at the University of Bath Spa (United Kingdom). Her research interests include e-learning, open educational resources, massive open online courses, social media, and new approaches to designing for learning. She was awarded an HEA National Teaching Fellowship in 2012, and is also a fellow of EDEN and ASCILITE. She has published and presented over 1000 conference proceedings, workshops and article.