The course is focussed on the economics of renewables energy technologies (RETs). The learning material and exercises provided in the course illustrate the issue of RETs' costs, the need for flexibility due to the integration of a high share of not programmable energy sources in the generation mix and the viable policy measures needed to provide a level playing field to renewables.
- To be able to understand the environmental and social impacts of energy production, distribution and end-use.
- To be able to explain and analyse the different forms of energy: primary energy sources and energy vectors.
- To be able to understand and analyse the main renewables energy technologies as well as most efficient technologies and best practices.
- To be able to understand the "fundamentals" of economics of energy technologies.
- To be able to determine the mix of supply from different energy sources, needed to meet a certain energy demand, that maximise net benefits.
- To be able to understand the impacts of policies influencing the dynamics of the energy transition.
Do you want to know more about the ASSET project and get engaged to it? Sign in the newsletter and community on energytransition.academy. Be part of us.
Use of content and licenses
CC BY SA ND
Walter Mario Cariani, EMMA Project